The usage of Environment-friendly polypropylene plastic sheet sheets has increased in today’s world. They are a cheap and economical substitute of HDPE sheets. Due to many advantages various properties, they serve as the best choice for industrial applications as well as for household use. These sheets have replaced many other materials as they can function as both fiber and plastic and are used mostly for the electronic purpose, packaging, and labeling.
Here are some of the features of PP sheets that are responsible for their widespread use and popularity
- PP sheets are acid and moisture resistant. Thus, these sheets are used for battery boxes.
- They are tear proof or abrasion resistance, so they retain their shape even if bent or flexed. Therefore, these sheets are used for making plastic items like bottles and cups
- Due to their water and chlorine resistant properties, these are applied in swimming pools. They are also used in piping system as they are both chemical and thermal resistance and can be repaired easily after any damage.
- They are harder and stiff, yet malleable and flexible.
- These sheets can be easily shaped and normally are transparent plastic but also available in different colors
- They are lightweight, and have low density and can be recycled.
- They have versatile temperature tolerance and have high clarity.
- They are good electric insulators
Uses of Polypropylene
These sheets have many uses in the manufacturing of various household items such as kettles or food containers since these are heat resistance so they will not melt. It is also known as the metal of plastic industry due to its exceptonal properties which makes it possible to mold in any shape. Most importantly polypropylene is widely used in CNC machines to develop prototypes, injection molding, and many other uses. It is a good alternative to plastic and even using in more areas than plastic such for making ropes, carpets and foam furniture. PP sheets are very useful material to make living hinges which are used in almost every plastic items. Its thickness is 0.010 inches and works as a joint which can allow the parts to move. It is easily available, very sustainable and relatively cheaper than other materials.
Along with many benefits, it has some disadvantages as well for example it can not be used in high-temperatured applications, difficult to paint, needs some expertise to cut due to its softness and highly flammable. But its advantages overcome all the disadvantages even it has as many properties that no another material has that is why it is preferably used in different projects.